Originally built in 1929 as the Victoria Shrine Temple, the SirOCCO Club at 1037 View Street was bought by Silverwood Dairies who leased it out and ran until 1964 when new lessee's changed it's name to The Scope during 1965. In January 1966, Ian Diment of the Club Tango in Oak Bay notoriety, moved his club into the building and leased it until January of 1977. In February of 1977 local businessmen Hans Hartwig and Karl Fritz took over the building and changed it's name to the Stardust Cabaret which ran for a few years until their partnership dissolved by a resolution to divide everything in half. This resulted in most of the building's interior being cut in half by the businessmen with a chainsaw including the furniture, staircases, bars etc. The building was then demolished and an apartment building now stands in it's place .
Listing last confirmed: Oct. 31, 2005