We are excited to announce that FPCC is hosting a one-day Indigenous music, arts...
Sat. August 24th 2019
Esquimalt Gorge Park (All Ages)
11:00am - 11:00pm Doors at: 11:00am
We are excited to announce that FPCC is hosting a one-day Indigenous music, arts and culture festival in partnership with CreativeBC and the BC Arts Council on August 24th in Victoria B.C.
Indigifest is a family-friendly event that will feature Indigenous musicians from across B.C. performing on two outdoor stages along with interactive workshops that will provide attendees with the opportunity to create art and music with local artists.
Additional events taking place during the festival include an Indigenous marketplace of vendors selling unique handcrafted goods, food trucks and a children’s area offering art projects and traditional games.
• August 24, from 11am-10pm
• Esquimalt Gorge Park, Victoria B.C.
• Free Admission
The evening main stage will feature Snotty Nose Rez Kids, a Haisla hip-hop duo from Kitimat, who have been nominated for the 2019 Polaris Prize. Snotty Nose Rez Kids attended last year’s FPCC Music Retreat along with the other musicians who will be performing at Indigifest.
• Snotty Nose Rez Kids
• Curtis Clearsky and the Constellationz
• Lola Parks
• Norinne Braun
• Niska Napoleon
• Ms. Pan!k
• Link to: the full line-up of performers
• Find information about performers, workshops and event details: indigifest.ca
• Sign up to be an Indigifest volunteer
• Email to apply to be an arts marketplace vendor: [email protected]
• Find us on social! Link to: Facebook Event Page
• Read more: Indigifest news release
• Become an Indigifest sponsor: [email protected]
This is going to be an incredible event that you will not want to miss. Please help us spread the word by sharing this information with your networks!
For media inquiries, contact: [email protected]
Follow FPCC on social media for updates on programs, outreach, funding opportunities and more: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram