Bayanihan Community Centre
Contact DetailsLaila Pires
The Bayanihan Community Centre is grounded on the ethno-cultural value of bayanihan, or volunteers working together towards common goals.
The work to establish the centre, in the bayanihan spirit, began in 1991 when the Bayanihan Cultural and Housing Society was incorporated.
The building for the centre was acquired on April 30, 2001, and the centre was officially opened on November 3, 2001.
Our Guiding Principles
The Bayanihan Community Centre is a gathering place where everyone is:
* Welcoming, warm, friendly, gracious and kind
* Supportive of the family, particularly the elderly, children, the disadvantaged and people with disabilities
* Inclusive of all cultural heritages, ethnicities, religions, ancestries, places of origin and sexual orientation
* Receptive and appreciative of the diversity of people's cultures
* Protective of the dignity, the rights and freedoms of all Canadians
* Selfless and generous in volunteerism, and
* Attentive to the proper and efficient use of the centre's facilities and resources and respectful of keeping a green and clean environment.
Listing last confirmed: Jun. 13, 2018